Friday, March 4, 2016

Why not be a rebel?

A bit complicated I am to myself.Unable to categorize myself under good and bad domains.Yet so sure that I am a kinda person who never has a heart to leave a bitter memory to the people around me.I've always had a swell to invade forbidden kingdoms.Some delineate me as I am serious.Some say I am incredibly funny.Some say I am jovial and some say I am naughty and it can go non-stop.People are always interested in describing others rather than portraying about themselves.

#Why not be a rebel?
We stand unique when we try the unusual things.We're in a society where women are called feminists when they bring up themselves well.How are we judged?
A girl cuts her short and she is called a 'Tom Boy'.
Gets inked - Characterless!
Wears Jeans - Destroys tradition!
Rides a bike - God forbid!
wears a saree or salwar most of the time - Behenji!
Simple - Unambitious!

We keep shouting about women rights and still end up bothering about the impacts.
I have the habit of informing people about contests that happen in Wipro. When I spoke about this , the first reply I got was 'Do girls know anything other than shopping'!I had to yell back and force people to go through the inspirational stories written over here.

The statements have always been contradictory. We're taught to speak soft but make sure we're heard. We're supposed to be healthy and still look thin. We're supposed to be outgoing yet also bear a different name. Oddly enough, though I didn't mind when I fulfilled other stereotypes.There are so many why not questions that arise on my mind!

#Why not be a shopaholic and not be a spendthrift as well?
#Why not have a high tone and be assertive?
#Why not dress well and not be a vapid?

People regularly tell me what I should be and then turn around and laugh at it.
I had been a lazy bone after my UG ending up in wipro with a great opportunity (WASE). I had always complained about time and wasted almost 2 years. I have always been given all the freedom by my parents. Being a single child , I was pampered but never deprived of anything I wanted to do. (Lucky enough) I'm a player and I want to try each and everything I like. One great day was when I got an opportunity to sing at Wipro(my first performance @Wipro).

To all those people who think that girls who dress up well end up doing nothing, here is something I would like to say. Yes! I love to dress up well and it's really going to be difficult for you to figure out what I am really.
I've taken part in many adventurous sports right from Dirt biking,Kayaking,High rope,Zip lining etc even though I was  zero in sports at school.The bucket list is never going to be left empty. Come on!After all taking risks are like eating rusks :D

I would like to conclude saying that we should live up to stereotypes and break them down. We're born to stand out and not fit in!Life is to live in. Let's live it to the fullest and stop judging people!

"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference"- Robert Frost




No comments:

Post a Comment